Quick and Easy Chili
Chili is one of the meals I enjoy preparing as I know it will be devoured when it’s ready. This recipe is quick and easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. There are always leftovers which makes it great addition to your batch cooking days.
1 pound of ground beef
1 can (725ml) stewed tomatoes
1 can (725ml) tomato sauce
1 can (500ml) red kidney beans
1 pinch chili powder
1 pinch garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
*you can add water (1/2 cup) but we like our chili on the thicker side. The longer it simmers, the thicker it gets.
1) In a large pan, cook the beef until brown and add the onions to saute over medium heat.
2) As the beef and onion are cooking, in an oversize pot, add the water (optional), stewed tomatoes (with juices), tomato sauce and red kidney beans.
3) Once cooked, add the beef and onion to the large pot.
4) Add your chili powder and garlic powder to taste. (We add more than a pinch of chili powder). Add desired amount of salt and pepper.
5) Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 20min.
I like to serve this with a nice huge hunk of baguette for dipping.