BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
Everyone has their tried and true recipes’ – this is one of mine! It feels like a step up from a rushed-after-school before ballet dinner.
Serves approx. 4 people
1 package of skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 jar of Patak’s Butter Chicken sauce
1 cup of basmati rice
2 cups of water
1 cup of frozen peas
1 package of nann
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon butter
salt to taste
1) Heat your oven to 200F, once temperature is reached, place nann in the oven to warm. You may coat your nann with a thin layer of butter if you like.
2) Heat your skillet with 1 teaspon of coconut oil. You can use olive oil as well, but I find the coconut oil works better with butter chicken flavour.
3) Slice the chicken into small chunks and toss into skillet. Cook until browned all the way through.
4) Cook 1 cup of basmati rice with 2 cups of water on the stovetop.
5) Heat frozen peas on stovetop, drain when cooked through (7-9 minutes).
6) When chicken is cooked, reduce stovetop temperature and empty jar of Patak’s. Let chicken simmer in the sauce. Stir frequently.
7) Once rice is cooked, add 1 tablespoon of butter and salt to taste. Add peas to the rice for Indian peas pulao.
8) To serve, dish your peas pulao first and garnish with butter chicken on top. Add your nann on the side if you wish.